Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Mark J Stock

I really enjoyed looking through the artwork of Mark J Stock. When going through his work I noticed that he had descriptions of what the artworks were representing. In his piece " There is no Cheese" you initially would not think that this is supposed to have any deeper meaning. It just looks like a something zoomed in on a grey type of texture with alot of detail. In his description he actually says that the work depicts an imaginary terrain that represents the measurements of "MRna" expressions in the brains of multiple different lab rats. Once I knew this about the piece I respected it alot more and couldn't stop looking at it and all the little details that were actually depicting brain activity.

I also really liked the first few pieces on his website that were paintings with many different colors and flow. I liked the way he would swirl the colors together but still make the piece to appear clean and like there are boundaries  to prevent all the colors from blending together.  It was interesting to see how the swirls that he made all over looked kind of like little eyeballs when I looked a second time.  I felt like with a lot of his work I would see more the second time looking back than I initially would since he seemed to put a great amount of thought into all of his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment