Tuesday, October 7, 2014

OTR radio show- Adventures of Horatio Hornblower

The radio show that I chose to watch was called Adventures of Horatio Hornblower. This radio series was about a fictional Napoleon war era navy officer and explores the missions and problems that he faces in his travels out at sea.
The first thing I noticed as I started to listen where the cheesy and annoying sound effects that were being used. A loud. ear piercing whistle was the first thing I heard (to mimic some type of bomb dropping). It was interesting to see what they had to resort to back then for sound effects while they were sometimes improvising live during the show. I also found it interesting how the voice that was narrating the radio show sounded so familiar. It sounded like the classic radio voice that I always hear something from back in that time period is being played.  The show only lasted about 20 minutes, and I was confused on what was going on most of the time since I just picked a random episode ( Chasing the Papillion) and it looks like the episodes went along with a story in order, so you would need to watch all of them to get a better understanding of the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment